Betts Ecology & Estates are a friendly team and welcome enquiries to join us. The following opportunities are currently available:
Job Role: Ecological Surveyor/Bat Ecologist
We are pleased to be able to offer an opportunity for an ecological surveyor to join our team in Worcester.
The post is permanent and full time, with an initial 3-month probationary period. You will be based at our Martley office, in the West Midlands, but UK travel will be required on occasion.
- Class 1 Bat Survey Licence (applicants without this will not be considered);
- Identification skills of all common/widespread trees, shrubs, grasses, flowering plants, birds, reptiles & amphibians, and habitat-types likely to be encountered in a typical field survey;
- Good spoken and written English, with experience of scientific report writing.
- Familiarity with planning guidance and best practice in relation to ecology/biodiversity, including BS 42020, UKBAP species & habitats, the CIEEM ecological survey guidance and protected species licensing;
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office suite and associated programs.
- Undertaking Preliminary Ecological Appraisals, Phase 1 Ecology Surveys & Daytime Bat Assessments, along with some other ecological field work;
- Producing reports and other associated document writing for the above surveys using our in-house templates to a high standard (support will be provided in this area, if needed);
- Meeting clients and their agents on sites (usually when required as part of the surveying process);
- Regular reporting to the other members of the team;
- Assisting the sales team in identifying specific work required from incoming enquiries.
- Relevant experience and survey licences, (Relevant first degree from a mainstream UK University is desirable);
- Membership of CIEEM or equivalent;
- Suitable professional experience;
- (At least) Level 1 bat survey licence (candidates without this will not be considered);
- A clean driving licence and your own car, though company “pool” vans are available to staff for survey work where required.
In the first instance, please email your full CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with a letter setting out why you think you would be suited to the post (one side of A4).
Reference ID: ECO2022
Salary: Up to £30,000, dependant on experience
Operations & Sales Manager - Halifax based
At Betts Ecology and Estates, we provide high-quality ecological services and public open space land adoption and management. An exciting opportunity has arisen within our team for a driven and dedicated Operations and Sales Manager to advance our family-run Ecological Consultancy and Conservation Land Management Company.
Based in/near Halifax town centre, you will join the northern office team, covering operations and sales across the UK.
Click link for more information.